Account Representative (Sarasota, FL)
Account Representatives conduct routine outbound debt collection calls in an effort to secure payment from delinquent account holders regarding past due amounts owed. Account Representatives work on established campaigns and at times also work on our automated collections system/auto-dialer as scheduled. Account Representatives primarily handle inbound and outbound calls on small to large balance accounts.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contact delinquent account holders regarding past due amounts owed.
- Negotiate new payment arrangements in a professional manner.
- Develop rapport with account holders, and develop payment streams
- Make decisions regarding the best ‘next step’ for past due accounts.
- Offer creative solutions to economic difficulties account holders are experiencing
- Locate contact information for past-due account holders through various means
- Manage a portfolio of paying account holders
The duties of this position are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. Management is authorized to assign other duties at any time. Any employee may be assigned, temporarily or regularly, to another position at any time.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL:
- Be comfortable speaking on the phone with past-due account holders
- Able to negotiate new payment arrangements in a firm but friendly manner
- Well-spoken, and able to articulate payment options
- Be willing and able to learn and adhere to state and federal debt collection laws
- Able to work both independently and in team environments
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- At least 1 year of experience in collections, customer service, sales, or telemarketing is preferred but not required.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Intermediate computer skills including the ability to learn new computer software is required.
- Experience in an auto-dialer/call center environment is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Basic understanding of various debt collection laws such as the FDCPA, FCRA, and HIPPA is preferred, but not required.
- This position requires successful completion of an initial and periodic criminal history background checks.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Confidentiality is a must.
- Monday-Thursday 9:00am to 6:00pm
- Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Work schedules are subject to change.
Among other benefits, Oliphant USA also offers comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid group term life insurance, a 401k retirement program, nine (9) paid holidays, and paid time off (based on years of service).
Additional benefits of working at Oliphant USA include:
- Business casual dress
- Culture founded upon open-door policies, team-orientation, and customer focus
- Free beverages, including tea and coffee
- Company sponsored social events and outings